Troop 92 – Toms River, NJ
We are chartered by Silver Bay Elementary PTO and currently have 12 scouts in the Troop. Three of our Scouts recently made Eagle and have transitioned to the Assistant Scoutmaster role to help the other Scouts join their ranks! We keep the site up to date with the details about the troop and its operations, so please check back often!
We welcome all prospective scouts and parents to attend a weekly meetings to learn as much as you can about us and to consider joining the Troop. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Troop 92 meets during the school year every Tuesday evening at 6:30pm in the rear cafeteria of Silver Bay Elementary School which is located at 100 Silver Bay Rd, Toms River, NJ.
Each month the troop goes on an outing. Typically for these we leave on Friday evening and return on Sunday.
Recent Trips include:
- Washington, D.C.
- Valley Forge, PA
- Gettysburg, PA
- Webelos Woods at Citta Scout Reservation
- Quail Hill Scout Reservation
- Winter Klondike at Citta Scout Reservation
We ensure Troop 92 attends a week-long summer camp each year as we absolutely believe that summer camp prepares Scouts for life – if you have any doubt, we invite you to read an article at the following page: https://scoutingwire.org/how-summer-camp-prepares-scouts-for-life/
Troop 92 Leadership
- Heather Bubnowski – Troop Committee Chair, Unit Advancement Chair
- Pam Rose – Troop Treasurer
- Rich Cetta – Chartered Organization Rep., Troop Committee Secretary
- George Rose III – Scoutmaster
- Pat McElroy – Assistant Scoutmaster
- George Rose IV – Assistant Scoutmaster
- Matthew Hirtes – Assistant Scoutmaster
Youth Protection Training
Troop 92 places the greatest importance on creating the most secure environment possible for our youth members. To maintain such an environment, the BSA developed numerous procedural and leadership selection policies and provides parents and leaders with resources for the Scouts BSA program. Click here to learn more.
Scoutbook is the BSA’s online unit management tool and helps Scouts, parents and leaders track advancement and milestone achievements along the Scouting trail.
The use of Scoutbook is mandatory for all Scouts, Leaders, and Committee members in Troop 92.
Below are some helpful links to ensure Scouts and their Parents can access and use Scoutbook effectively:
- Scoutbook Tutorial for Parents
- How a Parent Can Connect to Their Scout with Scouting App – includes an article on setting up an Account Your Scout Can Use
- Parents Trail Guide to Scoutbook
- Scoutbook Login Help
- How do I reset my password?
- Scoutbook Help
- Scoutbook – Accessing Scoutbook via the Scoutbook website available at this link is recommended for Scouts, Parents, and Leaders.
- Mobile App for Scoutbook – The Scoutbook App is intended for use by Scouts only and does not permit all of the actions that the website above does. It is really more suited to allowing a Scout to quickly enter and track Camping nights, Service Hours, and Hiking miles which is why we recommend using the Scoutbook website instead.
If you have additional questions regarding Scoutbook, the Scoutbook forum located at: https://discussions.scouting.org/c/scoutbook/28 is very helpful in that you can search for previously asked questions and view the provided solutions. If needed, you can also request help directly from national Scoutbook administrators for any question or concern you might have. You can even request features added to Scoutbook if you have a good idea to share.
If you have exhausted all resources above, and are still having an issue accessing and need a password reset or have an ‘account specific question’ (e.g. not ‘how do I use Scoutbook’), you can contact Jersey Shore Council Office, Manager/ Registrar – Monica J Vogel at: (732) 349-1037 ext. 26. or if you prefer you can also reach her directly via the following online contact form: https://www.jerseyshorescouts.org/contact/1646/Monica-J-Vogel-
Annual Completion of Cyber Chip training is mandatory for all Scouts in Troop 92.
Topics of Cyber Chip training include cyber bullying, cell phone use, texting, blogging, gaming, and identity theft. Material is tailored at each level for age-appropriateness.
Please ensure your scout completes training for the grade they are currently in:
Merit Badges are required to advance in Scouting.
Please note: Before you can start a Merit Badge, you must verify with your Scoutmaster (who assigns you the blue card) that you can start a Merit Badge since it is stated on the front of the blue card: “I have discussed this merit badge with this scout and recommended at least one merit badge counselor.” If you are signing up for a “Merit Badge Fair” you must still gain your Scoutmasters approval.
Here are links to some helpful information on Merit Badges:
- Introduction to Merit Badges
- Boy Scout Trail – this site is highly recommended by our Eagle scouts as it also includes worksheets
MB Counselor List:
The most up to date Jersey Shore Council Merit Badge Counselor list can be accessed through your scoutbook account. You can search by town or by badge or you can run an excel file of the entire list.
George Rose is a counselor for the following Merit Badges:
- Automotive Maintenance
Rich Cetta is a counselor for the following Merit Badges:
- Digital Technology
- Home Repairs
If any of the information on this site is not clear or links posted within are no longer working, please let us know via out contact form and we will update accordingly.